SP19:Lecture 5 Quantifiers and negation
From CS2800 wiki
This is a placeholder for the lecture 5 notes, which are under construction.
- We completed the table of proof techniques
- We discussed proof by contradiction
- We discussed nested quantifiers
- everybody loves somebody vs. there's somebody that everybody loves
- limits example: we can encode complicated ideas like "this function can get arbitrarily close to a given output by choosing a sufficiently close input" using nested quantified statements. Repeatedly applying standard proof techniques will get you through.